High School Yearbooks, College Annuals, Alumni Rosters, School Photos and memorabilia with your ancestors, your relatives or you!
San Antonio, Texas Schools and Teachers 1903
Academy of Our Lady of the Lake, for young ladies: Located at Lake View. This new institution, under the direction of the Sisters of Divine Providence, is situated on an eminence, commanding an extensive view of the Alamo City. The building is a massive structure, whose spacious halls and well ventilated apartments were especially designed for the promotion of the health and comfort of the pupils. The object of this Academy is the adorning of the pupils' minds with knowledge and the training of their hearts to virtue. The pupils are formed to habits of order and cleanliness and polite manners, so that they may go forth from the Sisters' care the pride of the home circle and the ornaments of society. The religious instruction of the pupils is attended to with the greatest solicitude. Pupils of all denominations arc admitted and their religious opinions unrestricted; however, for the sake of order and uniformity, all are requested to follow the exterior exercises of worship.
The Alamo City Business College: Alamo Ins bldg.
Alamo City Commercial College: 103 N. Alamo.
Academy of the Incarnate Word: Brackenridge Villa. Select boarding school for young ladies and little girls. This institution is located on Alamo Heights, in one of the most picturesque spots of San Antonio. Thorough English course, divided into Primary, Preparatory, Academic and Superior Departments. Best advantages are offered for the study of music, art and languages. Catalogue on application. Address Rev. Mother Superior, Magruder's Collegiate Institute: 124 Dallas.
Mrs. Mulholland's Home and Day School for Girls meets a decided need in our city. Established for the purpose of meeting the entrance examinations of our most advanced colleges for women it also in its full graduate courses fits young women for the no less important life of the home and of society. Controlling as it does the largest day patronage of any girls' school in the city, the classes are large enough for helpful competition, and the beautiful new buildings afford an ideal home for twenty girls. Few schools present such homelike and comfortable surroundings; where girls may pursue a systematic and ordered life of study free from the interruptions and distractions which often break into the home life, and still be watched over and guarded by the same untiring care as at home.
That this school is appreciated by our best citizens is testified to by its list of patrons. That it fills a decided need may be concluded from the fact that desk rooms are engaged more than a year in advance.
Peacock's School for Boys: West End.
The San Antonio Academy, W. B. Seeley, A. M., Ph. D. (Princeton) Principal, is located at 1927-1935 North Flores street, opposite San Pedro Springs Park. Established in 1886 and closely following the method of the most famous Eastern academies, it has held for years a front rank among the schools of the South. Not seeking to become a large boarding school, it has drawn its patronage chiefly from San Antonio and has measured its success from the quality of its work rather than from the number on its roll. Its graduates are found at the prominent universities of our land from Columbia, Yale, Princeton and Virginia in the East to Leland Stafford in the West. Its expert teachers, small classes and established reputation makes the school attractive to those who desire the best in education.